Soul Kitchen is nicely underlit... diverting and amusing, with a likeably rough-hewn set of characters. """"
- Mark Demetrius, Film Ink
[Fatih Akin] portrait of Hamburg as a multicultural hothouse where real estate tycoons, rock musicians, hipster entrepreneurs and grizzled German seamen collide in the same restaurant is undeniably appealing.""""
- Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.com
With brisk pacing, sharp ideas and eclectic music, Akim and cinematographer Rainer Klausmann make ""Soul Kitchen"" a place for audiences to savor.""""
- Ray Bennett, Hollywood Reporter
A [?] comedy that never loses its exuberance.
- Stephen Holden, THE NEW YORK TIMES
Sizzles with delights!
- Joe Morgenstern, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
Foodies will drool on demand.
- Anthony Lane, THE NEW YORKER
- Joshua Rothkopf, TIME OUT NEW YORK
- Pam Grady, BOX OFFICE MAGAZINE